Thursday, August 25, 2011

No More Scale!

I am giving my scale to a friend so that I will stay off of it for the next seven weeks. I am doing a Paleo challenge with the gym and I find myself on it morning, noon and night. I won't lie, even when I am not on a challenge I am on it every morning.

Unfortunately, the scale is once again dictating my worth for the day. I hate it. If I am up a pound, I am defeated. If I am down a pound, I am elated. One or two pounds can change how I feel about myself for the day. This is ridiculous. Sure, the scale needs to continue to head in the right direction and it can be a gauge to let me know if I am fueling properly to reach my goals, but it should be a long term gauge - not a daily gauge.

I have these weird mind games I play. If I am really good at work, I come home and weigh. If I am down below where I was in the morning, I eat a little bit more than I normally would have - like extra nuts or some coconut ice cream. If I am up, I don't let myself have those things. It's very dysfunctional. I have long term goals. It is taking a long time to reach them, but I am fairly sure it is taking longer because of this behavior.

I live a really balanced life now and my body is responding, but this scale thing is the last thing that is "weighing me down". If I am eating healthy and exercising, I should only really need to weigh once a month to make sure I am on track. This is forever, not just an 8 week diet.

Ok, I had to get that out!

No comments:

Post a Comment