Friday, May 13, 2011

STRESS...and food

This last week I have been so up and down with my eating. I am pretty much exactly where I was a week ago. That's fine overall, but I really want to lose weight. I can't do the super tight Paleo. When I do, I start eating huge portions of meat. It's all very strange. So, I have started using my WW tracking software to help control my portions.

I am under a lot of stress right now. My boss changed at work. My workload is exponentially increasing as he comes up with new projects. Finances have been particularly tight. Days packed with emotional memories have surrounded me. It's just a lot to take in and my coping mechanism has always been eating. I am doing 4,000 times better than I would have 5 years ago..but still, there is a small part of me left that says, "I feel so crappy that I just want to have a little joy and ice cream/queso/whatever horrible food for me brings that momentary release."

That's how temptation is, isn't it? For a moment it seems to relieve the pain. There is a moment of joy, but then there are the consequences. A friend of mine says, "Future Chris is not going to like this." If we could just stop in the moment and think through what brings ultimate joy, how much better would we feel physically?

Right now, I really want a margarita (or 5), cheese dip and chips and a big, sloppy burrito. But I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment