Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Am Still Here!!!

Don't worry, I haven't fallen off the wagon or the face of the earth. This is just a CRAZY time for me - June every year is off the charts busy. I am on a 42 day Paleo challenge with my friends from Crossfit. It is so much better when other people are involved. I am still at 220 exactly. I hope this is the week I break through that number and start the downward decline out of the 200s. My eating is tight. My workouts are intense and I am ready to see some results.

Tonight my Crossfit celebrates 2 years in business. They are booming now. Why? It works! It really, really works. In honor of the anniversary, we are having a Paleo cook out. Should be a lot of fun. I am looking forward to some time to socialize with these folks. They are people who I really enjoy. My only regret with Crossfit is this- I waited so long to try it out!

Sure, every single day I have that, "Oh goodness, what are they going to throw at me? Why did I pay to do this? I'm going to die" feeling...but I don't die - I do it and I move on with my day. I accomplish more mentally and physically before 7 than I ever have before.

Last night I watched a DVR'd episode of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. I love that they follow them for a year, but am still not a fan of the excessive cardio they do. Regardless, I love hearing the trainer talk to them. Last night's makeover recipient was sexually abused. He said, "You need to stop punishing yourself for something that wasn't your fault. That is what you are doing everytime you eat." He also addressed the crap food in the house he kept bringing back in (I tend to do this with one item each shopping trip). He said, "This food created the prison you are now living in. It is the ENEMY. Why would you let it back in your home?" WOW! I do have to say that not having something bad in my house definitely keeps me from eating it.

I will try to get some more pictures up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment