Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 3: Clean Eating


Yummy. Yummy.

Let's talk about a few quick ways to increase the YUM in your food without ruining your health. Eggs. They are seriously the most versatile food. They can be a base for a pizza, added to a burger, or tossed in a salad. They can be omelets, scrambled, fried, hard-boiled, poached, baked, soft-boiled and they taste different each of these ways. It is easy to get in a food rut and then hate healthy eating. SHAKE IT UP, PEOPLE!

One thing I do on Saturday or Sunday is sautee a bunch of veggies at once in some coconut oil. Cut up a bunch of onion and red/yellow/orange/green pepper and sautee it up. Store it in a glass container (don't get me started with plastic containers) and throw a little in the pan before you cook up your eggs in the morning. The big prep is DONE. I add in a little spinach and then put the eggs in and VOILA - what you see above. Season for your taste - I like salt, pepper, and garlic powder.....but anything would work. If you haven't had eggs in coconut oil, you are missing out!

I have to eat a really large breakfast or I am starving the rest of the day - especially on the days I Crossfit. I didn't Crossfit today and I only have two eggs there but that was enough - I wasn't super hungry and I know I'm going to have a good bit of protein for lunch.

So, here is today's plan:

Breakfast - see above

Lunch - last day of this one - used all my spinach and chicken
Rotisserie chicken
Spinach
Celery
1 slice of cheese
Brianna's dressing

Snack
Handfull of Pistachios

Dinner
This one is tricky. I didn't prepare anything and I have to help a friend out and will be out and about during my usual dinner hour. Will let you know where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment