Monday, January 17, 2011

Back In the Saddle, AGAIN!

The New Year came, I hit Crossfit four times and started to get my diet tightened up. Then came the snow. Four days at home. I did create my very own Crossfit at home...and got all hot and sweaty - but only did that twice - versus the four to five times I need each week. On top of that, my eating went downhill fast.

When it snows, you buy snack food. Why? Boredom. I loved being at home but being at home for four days with no options gave me a lot more time to think about eating junk. When I get the snack beast going, it's hard to beat it back down. Yesterday was the first day of saying ENOUGH! I ate Paleo all day, planned out my entire week of Paleo meals, went to the store, got my lunch and snacks ready, and set out my workout clothes. I hit the box hard this morning and my shoulders are SCREAMING! We're in a strength circuit...and boy did we take care of the shoulders this AM.

So much of this is mental. When I get in the mindset that a little slack doesn't matter, I end up slacking a lot...well, not at first...but in the long run. Now, I am focused on no slack for a few weeks while I get my head back in the game. I want to feel those WODs that you only get with good nutrition and consistency. I want to see bigger strength gains. I want to improve my times.

My performance goals are to always better myself. My vanity goals are to feel comfortable wearing shorts and tank tops this Summer. I haven't worn shorts in about 10 years. The HORROR! It isn't easy living without shorts in the HOT SOUTH! I went back to wearing tanks a few years ago - just decided I didn't care what my arms look like. This Spring/Summer, I want to be proud of my arms. It will be one year in May so I should have some fierce arms by then - if I STICK WITH THE STINKIN PALEO!

Here we go...more posting to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment