Monday, January 3, 2011

I get knocked down....

So, yea....I got knocked down by the holidays and wasted two months. My trainer is right - nutrition is 80% of the battle. While I did not gain any weight over the holidays - something I attribute to the muscle I have gained at Crossfit, I did not lose any weight either.

Worse than that, I spent two months struggling to hit workouts. With bad nutrition, Crossfit was not joyful because I wasn't seeing improvement. What makes Crossfit addictive is seeing your body respond to proper nutrition and training. The human body has a powerful ability to progress when fueled and trained the right way. When one element is missing and progress halts, it's frustrating. It becomes just another workout program that you are slugging through.

On the bright side, I can say that I left 2010 25 pounds lighter and on the road to personal fitness. I made a GREAT start in 2010. I have made friends who are invested in my HEALTH at Crossfit. I learned to give myself a break - to not give up because I miss perfection. That has been the most amazing thing about Jason. When I have been down - stressed out personally and unable to commit the time and attention I need, he has encouraged me to keep going..not to be perfect but to stay in the game. I rode out the rocky patch because of his encouragement and now I'm back.

Because of Jason's encouragement, I didn't quit and lose all the gains I have made. I rode out the rocky parts and sustained. That means I can pick up and move on. I don't have to start over. I simply recommit and hit it hard. I find the joy, again.

That's life people...getting knocked down and getting up, again. My motto at Crossfit is, "The only way out is through". The only way I am getting out of a work out is by doing it. Giving up is not an option. I have committed another year to Crossfit. I sense this is a lifelong affair. This year, I look forward to truly morphing into the fit and active woman I have always felt lives on the inside.

Let your trainers know where you are. Let them train you. Let them walk you through the rough patches. Don't shut down or shut them out. They can truly be your best friends on your journey.

Keep on keeping on. And Jason, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment