Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Life Simplified

Something unusual happened when I joined Crossfit. My life was simplified. What was once a confusing maze of possiblities was narrowed down to one training philosophy. Do I think Crossfit is the only viable training methodology? No. For me, it has been one of the best and most efficient.

How Crossfit is more efficient:

I saved leisure time because I stopped looking at most health and fitness magazines and blogs. Most of them center around training I don't do or food I don't eat.

I saved time in the grocery store when I stopped shopping in the center aisles of the grocery store. There's nothing in there for me. Shopping the perimeter used to be so annoying because nothing 'good' lived there...now I love the food there and find myself saving tons of time on shopping.

I packed all my fitness time into one hour in the morning. Sometimes I go at night but it's much more efficient to go in the morning. I don't worry all day long about the WOD and I have evenings free to do whatever I want - and sometimes that is something physical.

Sure, Crossfit may seem overwhelming at first but it really does simplify your life. If only I could get a job where I wear workout clothes - that would take this simplification process to the next level!

No comments:

Post a Comment