Friday, April 29, 2011

More Progress

Man, my body is really changing. I went to a conference two months ago and had a shirt that caught on my hips. It was supposed to be flowy and hippie...it was just HIPpie. I threw it back in the closet and ignored its existence - until this morning. I thought, "Hmm....maybe it is worth a shot today." It is flowy. No catching. It's not a knit shirt so there is no cheating with this shirt! Woo hoo!

Those moments feel SO good. They feel especially good because I know they are going to keep coming. I used to be so scared that I was going to revert back to my old ways and gain all the weight back. I don't feel that way anymore. I know I am going the distance. It may take me some time - but day by day, month by month, my body is transforming. I now look forward to the passage of time so I can enjoy even more changes.

I am right on the cusp of being squarely in regular sizes (my butt, hips and thighs are the hold outs). For those of you who have always been in regular sizes, you don't get this one. It is torture to be limited to the big ladies section of department stores or the occasional Lane Bryant. Although they have come a long way in styling their clothes, it is isolating and embarassing. Who wants to take their thin friend to the plus-size department? When you do, they pull out mumus and you think, "Wow, I really am that person...the one who could wear a mumu." When you go shopping with them, you just look for them because there is nothing there for you. They feel bad and so they rush and don't really enjoy themselves. Also, there are so many sales to be had and so much more selection when you hit the regular sizes. Oh how excited I am to get there and stay there!

One day at a time, one workout at a time, one meal at a time, one change at a time. We are doing this folks and it feels good. Really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment