Monday, April 11, 2011

Thai Green Curry


Why do I struggle so much with eating well? I don't feel good when I eat a cookie or stop at Chick-fil-A, but I still do it way too regularly. Some of it is just not having good food prepared and being in a rush. A part of it is the growing boredom I have with the food I'm eating. Protein, a veg and fruit can get old. I enjoy it and it makes me feel good but it still doesn't give me the pleasure of a burrito smothered in queso and a margarita. There are so many crazy dynamics to eating.


This weekend I decided to try a recipe for Green Thai Curry from Everyday Paleo. It was delicious...but I did have to add some extra fish sauce and coconut aminos. It isn't quite as flavorful as what I get from the Thai restaurant...it's a bit like making Mexican at home...good but not quite the same.


Regardless..this is quick, makes a huge pot and packs in tons of protein and veggies. I'm suspicious I'm retaining some fluid after the sodium hike..but c'est la vie.


Give it a try...and once you have the Thai ingredients, you can make it again for next to nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment