Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Food Glorious Food

I never thought I would look forward to someone giving me an eating program. They have always felt like death to me. It wasn't a lack of discipline. It was the mental anguish that went along with them. I couldn't bear the constant condemnation in my head that I wasn't doing it right. I was a failure. I would never be able to lose weight.

This is where the spiritual preceeded the physical. I learned that nothing, like food, defines me. Food goes into the body and comes out. It has no lasting value. Sure, maybe for the next 20 years but in general, the physical will decline. Ultimately, what goes into and comes out of my heart is what defines who I am and what I will become for eternity. From that place, I was able to walk into Crossfit and start training. From that place, I am able to receive an eating plan and follow it.

I started Paleo today. Real Paleo. I was doing it about 80% of the time before. Now I have accountability and a little piece of paper with all the facts and figures weighed out. I love it. I needed someone to figure it out for me. I can follow this with no problem. I feel free. It is the next step. Nutrition really is a big part of this program. It impacts training. It impacts appearance. It impacts mood. It does not, however, define me. If I make poor eating choices, I am not bad. If I make great eating choices, I am not good. Food is fuel and I am on a mission. I will properly fuel my body to fulfill my mission. Day after day after day.

I love food. Good, bad, and indifferent food. All of it. Still, I look forward to trying a different approach to eating it. I can't wait to share the results with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment