Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday...ugh

Today was all about squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc...iggh. Not my favs. C'est la vie.

I think I did about 100 on my deadlifts. Oh yea.

Funny thing, there is always someone in there who still doesn't have the form down but wants to fight for their right to lift more weight. I honestly don't get it. I pray these things on my way to Crossfit every morning:

1. Please protect everyone from injury
2. Please don't let me die there
3. Give Jason and Tuan wisdom in training us
4. Help me understand and nail the form

Sure, I am excited when I get to lift more weight but not because I earn some sort of value from it. I like it because I know the proper form, nutrition, and consistency are working! Someday I will be flexible enough to do lunges and squats with weight...but not today. My form is there but my flexibility and strength are not. They will get there. They will.

For the first time today, I was able to go down in a burpee and jump into a squat position to come up. Not every time...but about 75% of the time. I can't wait to really be able to do burpees..even though I hate them. Hate them. Hate them.

By the way, why do I blog? No one is really reading this, right?! One day, I will reach my weight loss goals and I will be nailing WODs and I will look physically fit. Someone will ask how I did it and I'll tell them. They will say, "I could never do that...too hard." I will point them to this blog and say, "Start at the beginning. It's one day at a time, one meal at a time, one movement at a time. If you don't start, you will never make it. Just start. Just start. If you don't think it can be done, look at my blog and remember that it can."

No comments:

Post a Comment