Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Oh me gersh

I have found an interesting dynamic. There are some people at Crossfit who sort of scare you. There is no way you would do a sit up near them when they are holding a kettlebell or get too close when overhead bar moves are in process. Something just isn't clicking and they are in a mini fog. Not sure if that's how they approach life or if it is just too early in the morning for some folks.

I may be one of these people but I am going to feign ignorance here. Sometimes, I honestly can't process what the trainers are telling me. A big reason is that it is so early in the morning and my brain is still in bed. A smaller reason is that this is a first step into weight training for me. I have no idea what these moves are or how much I should do. I didn't even know I should remember what weight I was lifting until about three weeks ago. I do, however, like to think I am safe to be around.

Anyway. I ended up in the wrong bench press group. I knew it when it happened. Instead of doing the exercise the right way, they wanted to start at their heaviest and go up. I honestly don't think they understood what we were doing. Then, they kept getting the weights off. They walked off when they should have been spotting. I really was a little afraid this morning. I was feeling the bar to the trachea.

I got up after my last set and looked Kelly (another girl there who started at the same time as me) in the eye and said, "Do not ever leave me alone with them, again." She laughed. I laughed. My trachea is still in tact. Thank the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment