Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I done injured myself

I was brought down by a poorly executed deadlift. We were doing 5x5 this morning and I was fine but was encouraged to tweak it a little. Good coaching. Bad execution on the coaching. I was already feeling super tight on the left side of my body. Everything I did felt off on that side. I had a deep tissue massage on vacation and it may be related.

Regardless, I came up on a deadlift and immediately felt a spasm in my lower back. I did not want to be dramatic but I also knew that I should stop. I laid on the ground and tried to stretch it out. One of the trainers gave me a ball to roll on the spot. That helped and I made it through the Workout of the Day. The bad part was when I got home. I couldn't stand up. It loosened up as I got ready but my whole back was tight as I tried to stand up straight. Pain again when I arrived at work.

I have taken tons of anti-inflammatories. I hate taking them but I need the area to CALM DOWN. I plan to try a new chiropractor tomorrow. Perhaps he will help. You know your life has changed when the first thing you think is, "I can't be injured, I need to be at Crossfit." Before, I would look at it as an opportunity to give up. No way. Crossfit is changing my body one workout at a time and I need to be there every morning.

I am definitely going to be much more cautious. When I feel tightness like that on a side of my body, I am going to take the time to stretch and loosen my muscles before I lift. The warm up wasn't enough today.

I am praying for supernatural intervention to heal this back so I can continue on this path right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment