Monday, August 2, 2010

Almost a perfect 10

There is a Circle K next to Crossfit and every blue moon I have to stop there to grab a bottle of water before my workout. I try to avoid it all costs because the clerk is a little too enamored with me. It isn't the flattering, sweet checker propreitor type of thing - it is the lusty "if my body is found in a ditch look for this guy" kind of thing. He makes comments and sighs in ways women just prefer not to hear. The very first time I stopped in, he said, "I see you over there working out." If you want to send chills up a girl's spine - lead with that kind of comment.

I haven't been to this store in about 8 weeks. However, I had to stop this morning. I prayed he wasn't there. He was. Sitting outside, blaring the music in his car, smoking a cigarette. I get out and he says, "Hey. You look like you have lost weight." I said, "Yea, thanks." I keep walking. No eye contact. He follows me in. With my back turned to him, he said, "Girlllll, ummm, you can really tell. You are almost a perfect 10 now." I said, "Wow, that's a huge statement. Have a good day." He follows me out, adjusts his pants in the way creepy guys do and stands at the door and watches me drive away. IGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

While I would like to take a compliment well, that just made me want to beg Jason and Chris to move the gym as far from the Circle K as humanly possible. Icckk....

No comments:

Post a Comment