Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tiny Little Victories

I had a tiny little victory at Crossfit this morning. It was with military sit ups. When I joined in late May, I could barely do 10 abmat sit ups. Within a month, I was pretty solid on those (they aren't all that challenging - I was just super out of shape).

One day about six weeks in, the WOD called for military sit ups. I thought, "No problem, I am rocking the abmat sit ups." Holy cow was I wrong. I could barely get 2 or 3 out. I was laid back on the mat praying for the workout to be done or for my body to be teleported back home.

This morning's workout called for military sit ups. I thought, "Oh no. Here we go." When I landed on that floor and stuck my feet under those dumbbells, I was expecting to hit about five before I died. Much to my own surprise, I kept going...10, 15, 16. I stopped for a few seconds and then I finished my 25. It was challenging but nothing like it was 6 weeks ago. I did four rounds of 25 - 100 total. I definitely started to lose it in the middle of the third round but each time I was able to get out at least 10 before stopping. YES!!!!

It is the tiny little victories that keep me going back. I haven't been working on military situps but whatever else I have been working has prepared me for them. What a GREAT feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment