Monday, August 16, 2010

You Can Fall in Love and Crossfit

I feel like Will Farrell in Elf, "I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!" After a couple of false starts, the man of my dreams is here, locked-in, and we are IN LOVE.

You may be asking, "Why is she sharing her love life with us?" Because people keep saying to me, "Make sure you don't quit Crossfit."

Why are falling in love and Crossfitting mutually exclusive? I Crossfit early in the morning when he's not around. I do it for me. Why would I quit just because I'm in love? Shoot, if anything, the thought of getting married and someday being naked in front of someone makes me want to Crossfit 10x as hard. After all that waiting, you do not want the great unveiling to be a let down moment.

I guess there's a precedent of people gettting happy in relationships and quitting healthy habits. I do struggle with eating well around him. I would rather be with him than go to the store, prepare my food or even have the conversation about why I eat the way I do. I tend to not eat enough because we're focusing on each other and not meal time and then my training is suffering a little from it. However, I am not quitting..it is just going to take some adjustment time.

Dating, love, engagement, marriage, parenthood, whatever and Crossfit are not mutually exclusive. The work you do at Crossfit improves every area of life. It gives you the strength to push through can't to can.

One more note - don't plant that idea in other people's minds...instead of saying, "Are you going to keep Crossfitting?" ask, "Are you going to get your guy into Crossfit with you?" My answer is, "Yes, if we get married, this man will Crossfit."

No comments:

Post a Comment