Tuesday, July 6, 2010

There's No Crying at Crossfit

A dear friend passed away yesterday. Talk about devastating. Grief is such a weird thing. One minute, I am fine. I think through her life and her assurance of salvation and I am fine. The next minute, the thought of her breaks my heart into a million little pieces.

I wanted to stay in bed this morning. There is something about the familiar that is comforting in times of sorrow. However, I knew I had to keep going. The moment Jason started sharing the WOD, I felt the tears coming. How crazy would he have thought I was if I burst out in tears at that moment? The hilarity of that alone kept me from breaking down. My workout definitely suffered as the sorrow washed over me time and time, again.

Life is fragile people. It can be over in an instant. Make the most of it.

WOD:
25 (I did 15) pullups (I did suppine ring pulls)
25 military sit ups - holy cow those are hard
400 M run with medicine ball overhead (wasn't a lot of running out there today)
Repeat 4 x for time - I think I was around 41 minutes - I didn't really care - it was enough that I was there.

Tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment