Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Cost of Crossfit

Crossfit is expensive. It isn't the monthly fee that is expensive. $150 is an investment each month, but I definitely get what I pay for - quality training. It isn't the food that is expensive. If you cut back on eating out and don't consume a whole 16 ounce steak in a sitting, you probably break even. Shoot, longterm, you probably come out ahead. Why, then, is Crossfit expensive?

If you do it...and do it consistently...you have to buy new clothes every 6 weeks. From bras to workout clothes to underwear. When you shrink, your clothes have to shrink, too. That is the kind of expensive I can handle. Granted, I buy clothes at super cheap places because I know I am only wearing them for 6-8 weeks. When I hit my goal weight, you better believe I am going to splurge. I must start saving now. So far, I have bought new bras and new workout clothes - one size smaller. Yahoo!

Today's workout was the following:

Row 800 Meters (as fast as humanly possible) - I sucked wind here - first I was on a rower with the foot straps in the wrong places (finally figured out why I had such horrible blisters) so I moved to find the other one was left on a hill - leaning to the right. Have you ever tried to row on a leaning machine? Not fun. I had to get off, move it and start over. agggh.

50 box jumps (I did step ups)
15 ring pull ups (others did pull ups)

10 supine ring pulls
10 toes to the head - I did reverse sit ups (not sure what you call those)
30 sledge hammers
100 meter broad jumps (I jumped today..woo hoo)
Row 1000 meters somewhere in there...(I didn't get to it..not enough rowers)

AMRAP - I did 3 but I don't feel accomplished because I didn't get in the 1,000 meters. Oh well, life goes on..I did get a good workout. Moving on! Almost at the 3 day weekend! wahoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment