Wednesday, June 9, 2010

From Toxic to Tired

I ended up with a migraine yesterday. I guess I felt toxic for a reason! C'est la vie. The pain, bad, but the fatique is what really gets me. I always want to stay in bed the whole next day. Unfortunately, that does not work for me. So, I got up and went to Crossfit this morning. I had to force my body to move but move it did!

Today, we added deadlifts to the warm-up. Oh deadlifts. I have such a hard time with the form. Let's face it - I am just not coordinated. To coordinate my legs, arms, head, neck, back and breathing while lifting is a feat. Right now I am trying to learn the right form and am then counting on muscle memory to kick in as I continue to override my inadequacies.

It dawned on me this morning - I am actually doing the Workouts of the Day. Modified but not a whole different workout. Here was today's WOD (my style):

5 Burpees (I did a much better job of falling on the ground this time)
10 Deadlifts (30 weight plus bar - I think that's 75 - not sure)
15 Ab-mat sit-ups
20 box step ups (others did double-unders)
At some point we had to row 1,000 meters. SAY WHAT?!

AMRAP 30 - I did 4 reps and YES I rowed 1,000 meters.

WAHOO! I had to push to get the fourth round out today but boy did I push it out. LOL! Ok, I have to get up and get ready. The fatique plus the work-out have made moving a chore...but I have a 9:00 meeting. Agggh.

No comments:

Post a Comment