Friday, June 11, 2010

Hell ya...

You know what I love? Sweaty forearms. Random, I know...but I feel like I have REALLY worked it when my forearms get sweaty.

Anyway, I am gaining strength quickly. Hell ya! I could barely do five sledge hammer swings 2 weeks ago and today I did 60...SAY WHAT?! Granted, I am still working on perfect form - love that OCD Jason who always points out room for improvement. Still, the form was on most of the time (except when he watches me).

I really want full range of motion on my squats. My weight coupled with my flexibility (and lack of strength) have prevented me from getting full range. My goal is to get there SOON! I am going to practice in front of a mirror. I don't want to have huge quads and that's it by staying too shallow.

Workout of the Day (WOD)
20 squats (weighted back squats for the others)
20 box step-ups (jumps for the others)
20 suppine ring pullups (I did those)
20 sledge hammers on tires (I did those, too)
row for 500m - everyone else ran...I row, row, rowed my boat.
Do three times in 30 minutes.

GUESS WHAT?! I did three times in 30:46. HELL YA! I don't care if you warriors shrug and say, "It was modified - you should have done better"...I nailed it for me...I have come so far in three weeks and I love it. That is what keeps me going. Take that away from me and it becomes about being like someone else..and that ain't my goal...my goal is to be the best me and today I felt like I was!

Tonight I have a night out with friends and tomorrow...get this....RESSSSSTTTTTTT! Wahooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment