Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hitting a goal

I have officially lost 10 pounds. I know my stats say 9.8 pounds but I estimated 253 - I am fairly sure I was even higher. So, today I celebrate 10 pounds down!

Jason says not to focus on the scale because there is a lot of muscle/fat exchange. The true story will be told on my next body fat assessment. Still, do a little happy dance for me today. I now have only 90 pounds to lose. Actually, maybe less because of the amount of lean muscle the body fat test said I had. I think 70-80 pounds now would put me in a great place. Regardless, it is one day at a time, one meal at a time, one workout at a time. One foot in front of the other.

That is what I am learning. Meeting your goals is making the right decision in the moment. Eventually, the right decisions add up to big accomplishments. This is true pretty much anywhere. If you consistently make the right decisions at work, you will eventually meet your career goals. If you consistently make the right decisions in relationships, you will eventually have fulfilling, loving relationships. If you consistently make the right decisions financially, you will eventually have a strong financial portfolio. If you consistently make the right decisions spiritually, you will have love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.

Sure, things come along - the tsunamis of life. They blow us off course and we are devastated, but the quickest course to recovery is going back to making the right decisions in the moment. Day in and day out. Day in and day out. The right decisions. Not the 'feels good in the moment' decisions. Not the 'easy way out' decisions. The right, hard, sometimes gut-wrenching, pride-swallowing, selfless (and even sometimes selfish) decisions. Day in and day out.

This is just the beginning folks. Just the beginning! Glad you are along for the ride. Is there a place in your life where you could make a different decision today to better your future? Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment