Monday, June 7, 2010

Progress


Today's WOD was (my modified version):

100M Walking Lunges (no weight for me, others used overhead weight)
10 Modified Burpees (um, this was basically me falling on the ground and getting back up)
10 Toes to bar (for me, this was reverse sit-ups)
10 Tire Flips
250M Rowing
AMRAP 30 minutes

Since Crossfit only counts completed rounds, I did 2 rounds. I actually did 2.50 rounds in 30 minutes. I'm just proud I kept going.

This is the third week and I am seeing progress:

1. I have been doing chest presses rather than push ups for warm-ups (not strong enough yet and my knees kill from the extra weight on knee push ups). I have been warming up with 12 pounds - super light this morning so I bumped up to 15. I know that's no big deal but it totally pointed out that I'm gaining strength.

2. I am no longer scared of the rowing machine. I can actually row and then stand up and walk.

3. My range of motion is improving on my squat. I can get much lower and keep my balance.

4. My diet is super clean and I feel great. It took me about this long to clean it up but am looking forward to the improvements moving forward from the combination of clean eating and Crossfit.

I hope I can make it five times this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment