Monday, June 21, 2010

Supportive Friends

I honestly have the best friends in the world. My birthday is next week and that comes with a lot of celebrating in my group. There are multiple lunches and dinners. However, my friends all know how serious I am about my goals. I am in this to win this. There are two reasons I don't want to go off the rails this birthday. They are:

1. The workouts feel so much harder when you eat junk
2. I am just now starting to see changes, I do NOT want to go backwards.

With this in mind, my friends have been really creative. One came over Saturday morning and made me an omelet and a salad I have been dying to try. Delicious lunch, great conversation, and I stayed on track. My two best friends have suggested getting together to cook dinner instead of our usual Mexican. I sense a 'Green Egg' steak is in my future.

The one birthday meal I will have that is off plan is Taqueria del Sol and a few bites of cake from A Piece of Cake. They are my two favorites and I will have them once and move on.

Today's WOD was called "7" in honor of 7 fallen CIA agents while on duty in Afgahnistan:

7 overhead presses with dumbbells (I used 15 pound bells) - others did handstand pu
7 Thrusters (25 lbs for me)
7 Abmat sit-ups (others did heels to head)
7 Deadlifts (70 lbs for me)
7 Burpees (I am going to get these things)
7 Kettlebell swings
7 Supine ring pulls (others did pull ups)

I did 4 rounds in 30 minutes - you were supposed to do 7...not sure anyone did. I like knowing why a workout was created - when I was tempted to give up, I would remember those who lost their lives for our freedom - my freedom to do this - and then I would say a prayer for their families - that God would provide for all of their needs according to His riches.

Monday is on...let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment