Friday, June 4, 2010

Good Cop/Bad Cop

I encountered the type of trainer I was hoping I could avoid at Crossfit. The guy who is slightly annoyed at your lack of fitness who covers it with a smirk. He's there. I wouldn't be honest if I didn't share that here. He pushed me. Some of it was good. Some of it was not.

I got a little confused because my other trainer told me to stop running until I take off more weight. This trainer thought that was absurd and wanted me to run anyway. I respected him and ran as much as I could. However, I will ask for clarification.

Part of his style I respect. I honestly tend to think I can't do things physically and then I do it and am surprised I can. I like it when people push me. I like to push myself. There were times today that I really enjoyed him not backing down. Other times, I felt my form was really off and I was doing things that could have led to an injury.

Today felt like Good Cop/Bad Cop. Thank you, bad cop - I am ready for good cop to come back. I can see bad cop being beneficial in bursts but I truly feel like I am going to be in the best shape and become the strongest working with the good cop. Regardless of which cop shows up, I am going to be there...

No comments:

Post a Comment