Monday, June 28, 2010

Progress

Last night I invited my guy for a walk. It was a big step for me. I usually prefer to walk alone or with my girlfriends. There is a part of me that doesn't want him to see my weakness - all out of shape, sweaty, and suffering from cotton mouth. It doesn't really bother me at Crossfit because the people there know I have goals and that I am improving (and they are all spent, too). I don't know, there is something really personal about letting a guy into this part of my life.

He honestly could care less. He loved going on a walk with me. He was sweating. I was sweating. It was 100 degrees. Everyone was sweating. We walked and talked and it was no big deal. I felt like that one walk brought down more walls than hours spent other ways.

That is part of the mental process I am going through. I know I want to live an active lifestyle but I have to break through self-limiting thoughts. So manyof them echo back to the embarassment of never measuring up physically - in sports, appearance-wise, etc. If you get enough negative feedback (real or perceived), you eventually start to limit doing those things. Unfortunately, you build your own prison at that point. You don't get to fully experience or enjoy life.

I did a lot of mental, emotional, and spiritual work before I joined Crossfit...but now Crossfit is helping me to improve in all of these areas plus the physical. I could never have anticipated how much it would help.

I am very thankful right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment