Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Toxic

I feel toxic this morning and I am blown up like a tick. My pants are TIGHT. I know my body is changing and this is just part of the process but holy cow. I want to feel GREAT. This morning's workout was all about the upper body. I think. I am never 100% sure what we are targeting. I am pretty sure it was a strengthening day. How's that for good Crossfit information? Shoot, if you want good information, this ain't your site. If you want motivation, come on back.

Workout
Shoulder/overhead press
5/5/3/1/1/1 - 15 minutes 1 rep at maximum weight

Apparently, I was trying to find my max weight that I could only do one of and then I was going to do my WOD with 60% of that weight. Who knew? My max weight was 40 pounds. My 60% was 25 pounds. The WOD was AMRAP (as many reps as possible) in 20 minutes:

10 pull-ups (I did ring pull-ups)
20 shoulder presses at 25 pounds
30 kettle bell swings (I did the second up from the lightest - not sure on weight)
100 m bear crawl

I did 2 rounds in 20 minutes.

You know what got me? The stupid bear crawl. Why was that bear crawl so hard? Jason said I could step down to 50M but I had already done 100M once and I was determined to finish 2 full rounds. You see, there is something about me you should know. I will say, "No" if I honestly can't do something. I'll try and then say no. However, if I can do it but it is hard, I will keep trying until I finish or you tell me to stop. That last 50m of bear crawl was mental. I didn't want to do it. It wasn't that I couldn't. I just didn't want to do it. You know what, "TOO BAD. Do it anyway." I finished it - with my new friend, Kelly, cheering me on. Thanks Kelly!

There are so many parallels with what happens in and out of the gym. I don't want to feel toxic today. I want to go eat some sugar, ice cream, and pasta and stop working out so I don't feel toxic anymore. I won't though because I know this toxic feeling is the step before I feel great. Eating junk feels good in the moment but I feel much worse in the long term. I don't want to feel toxic today but I am not going to give up because I know I can do it. When my body screams to stop, I will say, "Too bad. We are going to do it anyway....because we can."

No comments:

Post a Comment